Double Click On Video
To Enlarge To Full Screen
|Pictured: NICSS represented at the ASLIA National Conference in Perth, Western Australia|
National Interpreting & Communication Services (NICSS) was represented at the Australian Sign Language Interpreters’ Association (ASLIA) National Conference (ANC) in Perth, Western Australia on August 29-31.
The ANC is the largest gathering of Auslan/English interpreters and allied professionals that is regularly held in Australia.
Last month’s event was held at the Duxton Hotel Perth and attracted a large number of interpreters and students.
A range of information about NICSS was available and many interpreters took the opportunity to learn more about this fee for service activity.
A Community Workshop is being held in Tasmania on Tuesday, August 5.
"What is discrimination?", "What laws protect me in Tasmania?" and "Where do I go for help?"
Staff from the OFFICE OF THE ANTIDISCRIMINATION COMMISSIONER discuss all of this and can answer your questions.Questions/RSVP - Email Ali Dowl email@example.com
NICSS will be closed on Friday, April 25 for ANZAC Day public holiday.
Part Time Contract Position to 30 June 2016
50 - 60 hours per fortnight
Salary Range $28.56 to $31.94 per hour
Wesley Mission Brisbane in conjunction with its activities NABS and NICSS has an exciting opportunity in the Northern Territory for an experienced Professional or Para-Professional Auslan sign language interpreter to undertake interpreting assignments and administration duties in close association with current NT professional staff employed by NABS (National Auslan Interpreter Booking & Payment Service).
Key Responsibilities include:
• Undertake interpreting assignments as required ensuring adherence to the AUSIT Code of Ethics and ASLIA Code of Ethics
• Assist with awareness raising and information dissemination relating to NABS services and Deaf community issues in the Northern Territory
• Accurately perform a range of administrative duties
• Assist with the preparation of reporting requirements
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders and other allied agencies
• Reasonable contribution toward relocation expenses
• Mobile phone, laptop computer, iPad for work purposes
• Motor vehicle provided with some personal use
• Salary Packaging
A 3 minute Video dialogue of your choice, showing your interpreting skills, will be required as part of the application process.
Applications addressing the selection criteria (contained within the attached position description) are to be submitted by 4pm, Friday 9th May 2014. See www.wmb.org.au/careers for details on how to apply.
Enquiries can be directed to Keri Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NICSS wishes you a safe and happy Easter!
NICSS will be closed Good Friday (April 18), Easter Saturday (April 19), Easter Sunday (April 20) and Easter Monday (April 21).
Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, April 22.
|Posted in: Communications@NICSS|
"NICSS provides a quality professional interpreting service."
- Service Provider